Today we reheated the remaining Soutzoukakia in the same over we finished cooking the par-baked Panini Rolls.
- The Panini Roll is 63c
- A serve of Soutzoukakia with Tabouleh is $5.81, or $2.90 per serve.
We drizzled on some of the remaining cooking liquid, which added a very rich element to the roll, before adding the Soutzoukakia and Tabouleh. Excellent for $3.53 per serve.
We finally found some good corn at Trader Joe’s so Eloté was a go. We made our “glue” from Garlic Spread and Greek Yoghurt instead of Mayonnaise and Sour Cream.
- The Corn was $3.16 or $1.58 per serve
- The Cotija was $4.49 and we used less than ¼ or 56c per serve
- Garlic Spread adds 50c per serve
- Greek Yoghurt adds 40c per serve.
We believe that cooking entirely on the grill gives a deeper flavor than boiling or microwaving to start. It takes time, but it’s worth it. A great meal for $3.04 per serve.