We decided on something different for lunch: Corn Chips & two dips. We have a rather good Avocado, Cilantro & Tomatillo and created our own Bean Dip with Refried Beans and Neufchatel gently warmed.
- The Eloté Corn Chips were $2.29 or $1.15 per serve
- Refried beans are 25c per serve
- Neufchatel adds 25c per serve
- The Avocado, Cilantro and Tomatillo Dip was $3.49 and we used about ⅓ or 58c per serve.
We sat out in the sun and enjoyed our chips and dip for $2.23 per serve.
Tonight’s Jambalaya used Chorizo instead of Andouille sausage, but otherwise followed our regular recipe.
- Chorizo sausage from Whole Foods is $5.99 or $1.50 per serve
- 10 oz of shrimp is $6.49, or $1.63 per serve
- Canned fire roasted tomatoes cost $1.69 or 34c per serve
- Bell pepper was 69c or 15c per serve
- Scallions, onion, garlic and herbs adds 30c per serve
- Tomato paste adds 12c per serve
- Rice adds 33c per serve.
As always, full of flavor and with perfectly cooked Shrimp, a delight to eat for $4.37 per serve.