A now infrequent trip to Jon’s always scores a good BBQ Chicken and a fresh Baguette. If possible we buy a Heritage Tomato but today we settled for a Dashi, which turned out to be quite flavorsome.
- The Baguette is $2.99 and we shared half for lunch, or 75c per serve
- The Chicken is $7.99 and we shared ¼ or $1.00 per serve
- Five Dashi Tomatoes were $1.55 and we used one, or 16c per serve
- Add 50c for Garlic Spread.
As always simple, but great ingredients, make great food for $2.41 per serve.
We decided we had to have the Sous vide Poached Shrimp, with Avocado and Mango Salad again. We had a full Avocado and Mango each!
- 1 lb of shrimp is $10.99, or $2.75 per serve.
- A Mango was 45c per serve
- An Avocado was 49c per serve
- Add 30c for Spinach
- Add 20c for dressing ingredients.
It was the day for “simple but great” as this dish is always a winner, for $4.19 per serve.