For lunch we had a Rissole & Cheddar Panini using the last of the Rissoles.
- The Panini Roll is 63c
- Rissole is $1.02 per serve
- Smokey Cheddar was $2.69 for 10 slices, or 27c per serve
- Add 10c for Spinach
- Add 10c for Carolina BBQ Sauce.
As always a tasty combination for $2.12 per serve.
We had some Lamb Loin Chops available, so we grilled them to perfection outside, and paired with a Smoked Eggplant, Feta, Mint and Pomegranate Salad. We’ve done the salad before but with Baked Eggplant.
- The Australian Lamb Loin Chops were a weekly special at Aldi for $7.43 or $3.72 per serve
- Mint was from our garden
- Eggplant was $1.39 or 70c per serve
- The French (Valbreso) Feta was $10.99 but we used 1/6 or 92c per serve
- Pomegranate Seeds were $4.49 and we used about half, or $1.13 per serve
- Add 30c for dressing ingredients.
The Australian Lamb Loin Chops were even better than the New Zealand ones that Trader Joe’s carry. We felt they had great taste and were more juicy. A great meal for $6.77 per serve.