Even half an Apple covers two sandwiches, so we both had an Apple & Smokey Cheddar “sandwich” on a Brioche Bagel.
- The Brioche Bagel is 58c
- Smokey Cheddar was $2.69 for 10 slices, or 54c for two slices
- The Apple was $1.12 after all discounts, and we used half, or 28c per serve
- Add 30c for Mustard.
A good balance between the Smokey Cheddar and the crispness of the Apple, also adding moisture. Tasty, for $1.60 per serve.
A return to a favorite: Beer Bratwurst with Apple Sauerkraut Salad. The Salad makes four good serves.
- Beer Bratwurst were $4.49 or $2.25 per serve
- The Apple was $1.23 or 28c per serve
- The Artisanal Kraut was $3.29 or 42c per serve
- Add 30c for Dressing ingredients
- Add 10c for Carolina BBQ Sauce.
It a regular on our roster because the Apple Sauerkraut Salad is a slightly acidic, balancing the Pork Fat of the Sausages. The Carolina BBQ Sauce was a surprisingly good pairing for the Bratwurst. A flavorsome meal for $3.35 per serve.