For lunch we purchased Heuvos Rancheros from La Fiesta for $10.54 with tax and tip.
A return to the Red Wine and Mushroom Meatloaf, which is probably our favorite. We served with Cauliflower Gnocchi in a Blue Cheese Cream Sauce.
- The dry aged ground beef was $20.16 or $5.04 per serve
- Sliced portobello mushrooms were $2.49 or 63 per serve
- Onions and garlic add 20c per serve
- Two large eggs are $1.02 or 25c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 38c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- The English Peas were $3.49 and we served half, or 88c per serve
- The gnocchi was $2.69 or 67c per serve
- Blue cheese crumbles were $3.49 and we used half or 44c per serve
- Heavy cream is $3.29 per pint, but we used only ¼ or 21c per serve.
As always a very tasty, and filling meal. Neither Foodie completely finished! Pretty good for $7.16 per serve.