Once again we had some homemade Sourdough from a neighbor.
- The Giant Baked Beans are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Eggs are $1.02 per serve
- The Sourdough was free.
A great lunch for $2.02 per serve.
After slow braising the Mexican style Beef Shoulder, we shredded it. For the Tostadas we spread Refried Black Beans on a Tostada, added the Shredded Beef, Kumato, Butter Lettuce and Salsa! The Beef will give us at least six serves.
- The beef was $20.78 but we’ll get at least six serves, or $3.46 per serve
- Tostados were $1.39 for 21, or 13c per serve
- Baby Bell Peppers are 16c each or 32c per serve
- Refried Beans add 25c per serve
- Kumatos add 70c per serve
- Add 30c for Butter Lettuce
- Add 30c for Salsa.
The Shredded Beef was great, but the Tostada construction was somewhat fragile. Still, very tasty for $5.46 per serve.