On a cold day a warm meat pie fits the bill perfectly, so we heated two Trader Joe’s Steak and Stout Pies for $3.25 per serve.
Our postponed Meatless Monday became Taco Tuesday, with our Halloumi, Guacamole, Bell Peppers & Butter Lettuce Tacos.
- The Halloumi was $5.99 or $3.00 per serve
- The Tortillas were $1.99 and we used half, or 50c per serve
- Guacamole is $1.10 per serve
- Bell Peppers are 32c per serve
- Tostados were $1.39 for 21, or 10c per serve
- Greek Yoghurt substituted for Sour Cream for 10c per serve
- Add 10c for Roasted Pepper Salsa.
We prepared the Halloumi in our multipurpose “Panini Press,” which turned out to be the best Halloumi we’ve ever prepared. Instead of going tough, as it normally does, the Halloumi became soft, with a texture bordering on fish. In fact Terre a Terre in Brighton does a Fish and Chips with Halloumi as the ‘fish.’
As a result these Tacos turned out really well for $5.22 per serve.