A return to a favorite: our faux Reuben.
- The Brioche Bagel is 58c per serve
- Swiss is 34c per serve
- The Artisanal Kraut was $3.29 or 42c per serve
- Black Forest Ham is $3.29 per pack, or 66c per serve
- Add 40c for Mayonnaise & Cocktail Sauce for the dressing.
A tasty lunch for $2.40 per serve.
Tonight we returned to Foodie Greg’s adaption of a chicken chili to ground pork (the other white meat) and it was pretty good. The recipe makes four good serves.
- The ground pork was $8.35 or $2.09 per serve
- Chicken broth is $1.99 or 50c per serve
- White beans are 99c a can or 50c per serve
- The jalapeño chili was 26c and we used one of two, or 4c per serve
- Anaheim Peppers were 98c but we used half, or 13c per serve
- Add 10c per serve for onion and garlic
- Frozen corn was $1.29 and we used half, or 16c per serve
- Add 55c for seasoning, Salsa, labné and crushed tostadas.
Despite expecting the recipe to thicken with the blended beans, this was a very loose chili, with a texture more like soup! It has a fairly mild flavor, probably because we could only get one jalapeño and no poblano peppers. Quite enjoyable for $4.07 per serve.