Continuing our ‘conference week’ of meals out, we ordered Pho from Pho Saigon 1. Since our choice includes rare Beef we were unsure how it would travel. Would the meat be cooked instead of beautifully rare?
To their credit, Pho Saigon 1 pack the Pho as a “do it yourself” kit. Broth in one container, Noodles etc in another, and the Beef, Sprouts and Chili in another. While an ecological disaster, it meant that the dish was every bit as good as it would have been eating in. A very decent meal for $13.40 per serve with tax and tip.
Although not quite four weeks since our last Smoked Salmon Pizza, Pizza is one of those foods you might eat while traveling to a conference.
- Sockeye Smoke Salmon Pieces are $5.49 and we use about 2/3, or $1.83 per serve
- The Pizza Dough was $1.29, or 65c per serve
- We used semi dried Cherry Tomatoes for 60c per serve
- About two ounces of Neufchatel went on each Pizza, or 25c per serve
- Add 30c for Capers and Shallot.
This time we got the Pizza crust cooked perfectly and had a most enjoyable pizza for $3.63 per serve.