A colder day suggested toasted sandwiches, & with “leftover” Prosciutto, we decided on a “Ham,” Cheese & Tomato Toasted Sandwich each.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- The Prosciutto was $4.99 and we shared about 30% or $1.50 per serve
- Smokey Cheddar was $2.69 for 10 slices, or 54c per serve
- The slightly dried Tomato add 37c per serve.
The Prosciutto wasn’t as fabulous in this application as we expected, but still a decent sandwich for $3.15 per serve.
A new version of Pumpkin Soup with a Japanese twist: Roasted Kabocha Squash. We got three serves from this recipe.
- The Kabocha Squash was $2.47 and we used about half, or 42c per serve
- The Broth was $1.99 or 67c per serve
- An Onion adds 10c per serve
- A Carrot adds 10c per serve
- Heavy Cream is $1.79 but we used under half, or 30c per serve.
While it was tasty, it lacked “zest” so we added some pepper. An enjoyable, but unexciting, soup for $1.59 per serve.