For lunch we purchased Heuvos Rancheros from La Fiesta for $10.54 with tax and tip.
We decided we would like a change from our Asian inspired Duck and Yakisoba Noodles, and Foodie Greg found a Duck L’orange sous vide recipe and served with French Lentils and a Blackberry Salad.
- The Duck was $18.23 or $9.12 per serve
- French Lentils are $2.99 for a 500g (about 1lb) and we used half or 75c per serve
- The Orange adds 30c per serve
- The Mixed Greens add 40c per serve
- Blackberries were $1.29 for a punnet and we used half, or 33c per serve
- Add 30c for Butter for the sauce
- Add 35c for other ingredients.
The Duck was excellent and the sauce, made from the marinade, was bursting with flavor. An excellent meal for $11.55 per serve.