Sunday lunches we often do something with Eggs and today we fried off some canned Corn Beef Hash, and served it on Toast and topped with a Fried Egg.
- The Aldi Bread is 53c per serve
- The Corned Beef Hash was $1.89 or 95c per serve
- Two Pastured Eggs add 96c per serve.
The Corned Beef Hash wasn’t terrible and the Egg bought it all together for $2.44 per serve.
We had a rolled Lamb Loin Roast we purchased from one of Aldi’s Special Buys and were keen to try it. We sous vide it and seared, like we do with the Rack of Lamb.
- The Lamb Loin Roast was $11.87 and we will get three serves, or $3.96 per serve
- Raspberries were $1.50 and we used ½ of the punnet, or 37c per serve
- The Mixed Greens were $1.49 and we used half, or 38c each
- Mint was from our garden
- The French (Valbreso) Feta was $10.99 but we used 1/6 or 92c per serve
- Add 15c for Dressing ingredients
- Dolmas from Whole Foods were $3.41 (on special) or $1.70 per serve
- Add 30c for Hummus.
The Lamb Loin Roast wasn’t as successful as we hoped. It was hard to render the fat without over cooking the meat. For us, the slightly more expensive Rack of Lamb is a better choice. Still, a very good meal for $7.78 per serve.