Our “once every three weeks” expedition to Simi Valley finishes with Fried Scallops from Mr Fish & Chips. This is a meal for one that we shared -adding extra Coleslaw – making it $5.19 with tax and tip.
A new recipe for us: Martha Stewart’s Quick Moussaka. We will get four serves from this recipe.
- Ground lamb was $5.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The Eggplant was $1.39 or 35c per serve
- The Tomatoes were $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The Ricotta was $4.99 or $1.25 per serve
- The French (Valbreso) Feta was $10.99 but we used 1/6 or 69c per serve
- A Pastured Egg adds 12 per serve
- Add 50c for the remaining ingredients.
An excellent meal, full of flavor, for $5.41 per serve. The Ricotta/Feta mix on top was better than any roux-based topping we’ve had in the past.