On a cold day a warm meat pie fits the bill perfectly, so we heated two Trader Joe’s Steak and Stout Pies for $3.25 per serve.
A new Fishy Friday recipe: Smoked Trout Chowder, which makes four serves.
- The Smoked Trout was $7.49, or $1.88 per serve
- Potatoes add 34c per serve
- Garlic and Scallions add 15c per serve
- Chicken Bone Broth adds 50c per serve
- Wine adds 25c per serve
- Half & Half is $1.49 per pint and we used ¼, or 10c per serve
- Add 20c for other soup ingredients
- The Naan Was $3.99 or $1.00 per serve.
Although it looked like it was a little thin, the soup was very tasty and filling for $4.42 per serve, with the Garlic Naan.