Foodie Greg had baked a Hebrew Temptation, otherwise known as Smokey Cheese and Pumpkin Slice. I told the story of how it became known as Hebrew Temptation earlier and the recipe is there too. It makes four generous serves.
- The bacon was $6.99 for 12 slices, and we used five, or 73c per serve
- Five pastured eggs at 48c each is $2.40 or 60c per serve
- A small bag of organic flour is $2.69 and we used about 1/3 or 23c per serve
- A Butternut Squash was $2.99 and we used half, or about 75c per serve
- The Smoked Gouda was $2.99 or 75c per serve.
- An onion adds 8c per serve.
While it might seem odd to have cake for lunch, because this is indeed a savory cake, it is great cold and was a fulfilling lunch for $3.14 per serve.
Tonight we finished the remaining Quick Moussaka, which reheated well and was even more tasty, for $5.41 per serve with Tabouli on the side.