Since we have had some of our neighbor’s Sourdough on hand, we lightly toasted two slices, topped with Branston Pickle and Cheddar, and served with Pickled Onion and Apple Slices.
- The Sourdough was free
- The Irish Cheddar was $3.49 and we used about 60%, or $1.05 per serve
- Branston Pickle was $13.31 for the jar, and we used about 1/5th, or $1.33 per serve
- Apple adds 20c per serve
- Pickled Onion adds 10c per serve.
A very delightful and tasty meal for $2.68 per serve.
A welcome return to Soutzoukakia, tonight served with a Feta, Olive and Radicchio Salad.
- Australian Ground lamb was $5.99 at Aldi or $2.00 per serve
- An egg is 51c or 17c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 25c per serve
- Parmesan is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 2 oz or 50c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 34c per serve
- Parsley was $1.49 for the bunch, but we only used 1/4 or 13c per serve
- Fresh mint came from our garden
- The Radicchio was $3.49, but half makes four serves of the salad, or 44c per serve
- The French (Valbreso) Feta was $10.99 but we used 1/6 or 92c per serve
- The olives come in a $4.49 jar, and we used 1/3, or 75c per serve.
The Soutzoukakia was light and flavorsome as usual, and the salad an excellent accompaniment, for $5.50 per serve.