We repeated the Smoked Salmon Bagel again substituting Sprouts for Shallot.
- The Brioche Bagel is 58c
- The Smoked Salmon pieces were $1.38 per serve
- Add 20c for Neufchatel
- Add 40c for Sprouts and Capers
- Add 30c for Tomatoes.
A very enjoyable sandwich for $2.86 per serve.
We haven’t had Salad Niçoise for a long time and always with canned Tuna. It was time to reinvent it with Seared Ahi Tuna and Asparagus instead of Green Beans.
- 12 oz Tuna was $5.19, or $2.60 per serve
- The Asparagus was $4.29 and we shared ⅓, or 72c per serve
- Pastured Medium Eggs are 24c each, or 48c per serve
- Kumato adds 40c per serve
- Fingerling Potatoes were 68c per serve
- The olives come in a $4.49 jar, and we used 1/4, or 56c per serve
- Add 40c for Spinach and Balsamic.
The seared Ahi Tuna is definitely a step up from canned, although the cost is around the same! We preferred the Asparagus to Green Beans, so this was an all-round winner for $5.51 per serve.