We cut four slices from a par-baked Italian Loaf & toasted them, then topped with Delice de Bourgogne and Apple.
- The Italian Bread loaf is $2.19 and we used about ⅓, or 37c per serve
- The Delice de Bourgogne was $5.38 and we shared ½, or $1.35 per serve
- Apple adds 20c per serve.
An excellent open faced sandwich for $1.92 per serve.
Tonight’s Red Wine and Mushroom Meatloaf was served with Sous Vide Asparagus.We get four serves from this recipe.
Tonight we made our our sauce by mixing Worcestershire Sauce with an Organic, no added sugar, Ketchup for a very tangy, tasty sauce.
- The grass fed Ground Beef was from Aldi for $5.49 per pound, or $1.38 per serve
- Baby Bella mushrooms were $1.99 or 50c per serve
- Onions and garlic add 20c per serve
- Two medium eggs are 64c or 16c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 38c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- The Asparagus was $3.23 and we used half, or 81c per serve
- Add 38c for Butter for the Sous Vide
- Add 20c for Sauce.
The Ground Beef from Aldi has a much finer texture than we had previously. It came together into an excellent meal for $4.46 per serve.