The Foodies met a dear friend for an early lunch in an outdoor setting at Viva La Fiesta. Foodie Greg had Fajitas while Foodie Philip had Pork Enchiladas Verdes, which was very good. Our friend paid for lunch.
Puttanesca – a.k.a. slut spaghetti – is a quick and easy meal, mostly from cans, topped with White Anchovy
- Anchovies for the sauce are $1.59 a can, or 40c per serve
- Garlic and seasonings add about 10c per serve
- The pasta was $2.99 but we used half, or 75c per serve
- The White Anchovies were $3.19 or $1.60 per serve.
- A can of Tomatoes is 49c or 25c per serve
- The Green olives come in a $4.49 jar, and we used half, or $1.25 per serve.
The White Anchovies are very mild in taste, so good for those like Foodie Greg, who are not big on strong fishy flavors. The Lentil Pasta didn’t have a great texture, but otherwise the meal was tasty for $4.35 per serve.