We used the full Rye Crispbread with Branston Pickle, Cheddar, Apple and Pickled Onions to make a variation on a Ploughman’s Lunch.
- The Rye Crispbread was $3.29 for a pack of 20, or 33c per serve
- The Irish Cheddar was $3.49 and we used about 60%, or $1.05 per serve
- Branston Pickle was $13.31 for the jar, and we used about 1/5th, or $1.33 per serve
- Apple adds 20c per serve
- Pickled Onion adds 10c per serve.
A simple, but good meal, for $3.01 per serve.
A long-awaited return to the Turkey Bacon Chipotle Meatloaf. We created this recipe, with the addition of half a can of chipotle and it’s pretty good. Tonight’s result was particularly light in texture and made four serves.
- Ground turkey cost $3.59 or 90c per serve
- Bacon adds 60c per serve
- A can of chipotle is $1.50 and we used half, or 38c per serve
- Add 65c for onion, breadcrumbs and seasonings
- The gravy was $1.69 we used the remaining half for 22c per serve
- The Pinto Beans were $2.25 or $1.13 per serve
- The Coleslaw Mix was $1.99 and we used half, or 50c per serve
- We made our own Dressing from Mayonnaise and Apple Cider Vinegar for 40c per serve.
This is Foodie Philip’s favorite Meatloaf and a very tasty one it is, for $4.78 per serve.