Sundays we often have some sort of Egg dish, and today’s was Egg in the Hole in a Brioche Bagel, topped with Smoked Salmon, Capers & Shallot.
- The Brioche Bagels are $2.89 for five, or 58c per serve
- Medium Pastured Eggs are 32c each, or an average of 64c per serve
- The Smoked Salmon pieces were 68c per serve
- Add 20c for Shallot and Capers.
A very tasty sandwich for $2.10 per serve.
We had procured some Duck Legs from Whole Foods for a change from our usual Duck Breast, as Foodie Greg had a new recipe he wanted to try: Roast Duck Leg and Potato. We served with a Radicchio and Pomegranate Salad.
- The Duck Legs were $11.79 or $5.90 per serve
- A Medley of Potatoes was $2.39, and we used about ⅓, or 46c per serve
- The Japanese Sweet Potato was $1.51 or 76c per serve
- The Radicchio was $3.49, or 44c per serve
- The Pomegranate Seeds were $4.99 and we shared half, or $1.25 per serve.
Unfortunately we overcooked the meal, but it was still very tasty and shows a lot of promise for next time. The Duck fat renders out and flavors the Potatoes, which really amps up the flavor. This will be a great meal for $8.81 per serve.