We toasted some Italian Bread, spread Delice deBourgogne over it while hot, and topped with sliced Apple.
- The Italian Bread loaf is $2.19 and we used about ⅓, or 37c per serve
- The Delice de Bourgogne was $5.38 and we shared ½, or $1.35 per serve
- Apple adds 20c per serve.
Best enjoyed in the shade at our picnic table in the gully for $1.92 per serve.
We swapped our Meatless Monday in the hope of avoiding cooking on the hottest days of the week, but it didn’t work out that way. Still, Nigella Lawson’s Watermelon Salad is always a favorite.
- The watermelon was $3.99 and we used half, or $1.00 per serve
- The feta is $6.49 for 10.5 oz and we shared 1/2 or $1.63 per serve
- Mint adds 40c per serve
- Limes were $1.95 or 98c per serve
- Olive oil and seasonings add another 20c per serve.
Tasty as always for $4.21 per serve.