Our Sunday treat was to use the remaining Smoked Salmon on a Brioche Bagel with semi-dried Tomatoes and Capers.
- The Brioche Bagel is 58c
- The Smoked Salmon pieces were $1.38 per serve
- Add 20c for Neufchatel
- Add 40c for Tomato and Capers.
A nice indulgence for $2.56 per serve.
What could be better than Lamb Rissoles – made to the Soutzoukakia recipe – grilled outside, topped with a Lemon-yoghurt Sauce made from Preserved Lemon, and served with a Blood orange, Pickled Beet, Pickled Red Onion, Feta Mint Salad. We got four serves from tonight’s mix.
- Ground lamb was $3.00 on special or 50c per serve
- An egg is 32c or 8c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 38c per serve
- Parmesan is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 2 oz or 33c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 28c per serve
- Parsley was $1.49 for the bunch, but we only used 1/4 or 10c per serve
- Mint adds 37c
- The Blood Oranges were $2.29 for six and we shared one, or 19c per serve
- The Feta was $6.49 and we shared ¼, or 81c per serve
- Pickled Beets adds 15c per serve
- Add 20c for Preserved Lemon and Yoghurt.
Even though this Lamb was a coarser grind than our regular supply, the Rissoles were still very moussey on the inside, with a nice crust. An excellent meal for $3.39 per serve.