For lunch we heated the last of our mini French Rolls and filled them with half a Beer Bratwurst, Sauerkraut and Carolina BBQ Sauce.
- The mini French Roll is 48c per serve
- The Beer Brat was included in last night’s costing
- Add 40c for Sauerkraut and BBQ Sauce.
A small serve but tasty for 88c per serve.
We normally prepare Frogmore Stew with Argentinean Shrimp, but Foodie Greg had picked up some Tiger Prawns – it’s seems inappropriate to call them ‘shrimp’ – that substituted most excellently.
- Leaks cost $1.08 and we used half, or 14c per serve
- The can of diced tomatoes cost 99c or 25c per serve
- Vegetarian Fish Stock was $2.51 or 63c per serve
- A cup of white wine is about 80c or 20c per serve
- The corn cost $2.25 or 56c per serve
- Andouille sausage cost $4.99 or $1.25 per serve
- The Tiger Shrimp were $11.99 and we shared half, or $3.00 per serve
- Other ingredients add another 25c per serve
- We served with the remaining Italian Bread for 22c per serve.
The Tiger Prawns were excellent, with a slightly firmer flesh than the Argentinean Shrimp and a flavor reminiscent of Lobster. A slightly more expensive choice, at $6.50 per serve.