It’s the weekend so we had more time to cook lunch, settling on Giant Baked Beans, Bacon and Fried Eggs on toasted Italian Bread.
- Italian Bread adds 32c per serve
- The Giant Baked Beans are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Pastured Eggs are 38c each, or 76c per serve
- Bacon was $4.99 and we used five of 10 slices, or $1.25 per serve.
The toast provides the textural base, the Baked Beans make the dish satisfyingly filling. The Bacon brings Salt and the Eggs form a creamy dressing. A very satisfying meal for $3.33 per serve.
Time for our other favorite Meatloaf: Turkey, Bacon Chipotle, which we served with a Twice Baked Loaded Potato and Chipotle dressed Coleslaw.
- Ground turkey cost $6.39 or $1.60 per serve
- Bacon was $5.99 and we used ⅓, or 50c per serve
- A can of chipotle is $1.50 and we used half, or 38c per serve
- Add 65c for onion, breadcrumbs and seasonings
- Add 30c for Mayonnaise and Chipotle Hot Sauce for the Dressing
- Add 40c for Coleslaw Mix
- The pack of two Twice Baked Potato was $2.99 or $1.50 per serve.
The Meatloaf came out with a very fine texture thanks to additional processing in the food processor. We changed our side at the last minute to a Twice Baked, Loaded Baked Potato from Aldi, which was again well cooked and the filling rich with a hint of bacon and cheddar. A pretty good meal for $5.73 per serve.