We cooked our final Sausage Rolls for $4.88 per serve with a slide salad.
Time for our sous vide and seared Duck Breast with Orange Sauce, served on a Wild Rice Mix, Preserved Lemon and Pecan Salad and topped with an Orange Sauce made from the cooking marinade.
- The Duck Breasts were $8.99 or $4.50 per serve
- Wild Rice Mix is 64c per serve
- Preserved Lemon adds 30c per serve
- Pecans add 48c per serve
- The Salad Mix adds 45c per serve
- Add 35c for other ingredients.
After finishing the sous vide cook, we seared the Duck Breasts to render fat and color up the skin. The sugars from the Orange Marinade prevents the skin crisping before burning, but the rendered skin is still extremely flavorsome and adds moisture to the Breast. An excellent meal for $7.17 per serve.