We toasted some Dave’s Killer Bread and spread liberally with Delice de Bourgogne and topped with Snow Pea Shoots.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- The Breakfast Ham is 60c per serve
- The Delice de Bourgogne was $5.38 and we shared ½, or $1.35 per serve
- Snow Pea Shoots add 15c per serve.
While it wasn’t the ripest Delice de Bourgogne we’ve had, its funky ammonia vibe worked really well with the Ham and Snow Pea Shoots for $2.87 per serve.
We returned to our Quick Moussaka, which give us four serves.
- Ground lamb was $5.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The Eggplant was $1.39 or 35c per serve
- The Tomatoes were $1.99 or 50c per serve
- The Ricotta was $4.99 or $1.25 per serve
- The French (Valbreso) Feta was $10.99 but we used 1/6 or 69c per serve
- A Pastured Egg adds 9c per serve
- Add 50c for the remaining ingredients.
By defatting the Lamb early in the process, we avoided having fat rise during the bake, for a much better looking result. At least it looks better until we made a mess of it serving! A very tasty meal for $4.88 per serve.