It had been a long time, but we decided on Popeye’s Fried Chicken for lunch. Surprisingly there was no special so we picked up an Eight Piece Pack that ended up with 13 pieces. Score!
The total of $25.68 with tax, included eight pieces and a Large Red Beans and rice.
- $5.26 of the Red Beans and Rice at this meal for $2.63 per serve
- We will get four serves from the chicken at $5.10 per serve.
A nice change for $7.73 per serve.
Rack of Lamb dropped off our recipe rotation for some reason, but it’s back tonight with a Raspberry, Feta and Mint Salad.
- The Rack of Lamb was $27.69, but we split that into two meals of two each, or $6.92 per serve
- Raspberries were on special for $1.49 and we used ½ of the punnet, or 38c per serve
- The Mixed Greens were $1.49 and we used half, or 38c each
- Mint was from our garden
- The Feta adds 48c per serve
- Add 15c for Dressing ingredients.
The slightly higher sous vide temperature definitely gives the meat a firmer, less slippery texture that we prefer, and the extended sear provides color and renders some the fat away. The Salad is a great complement for $8.31 per serve.