Take some bacon and fry it to taste, which for us is somewhat less crispy than seems to be standard in the US. Spread some guacamole on a wholemeal roll, add tomatoes, baby greens and the bacon. Yum!
- A kumato tomato was 80c or 40c per serve
- The wholemeal roll was 50c each
- A sprinkling of baby greens adds about 10c per serve
- Bacon ends and pieces are $3.49 but we used only 1/5 or the pack, or 35c per serve
- The spicy guacamole was on special for $1.99 for 8oz. Each serve was about one ounce, so 25c per serve.
Lunch today was delicious and cost $1.60 per serve.
Time for a reprise of the Beef Stroganoff using the misnamed ‘fajita beef’ from Prather Ranch, first cooked on Jun 15.
Every month’s Prather Ranch meat delivery has ‘fajita beef’ included. Tonight we continued the tradition of using it for anything but fajitas!
Again we dropped the beef broth. This time we ramped up the mustard (french, of course) and some how ended up with four serves instead of two!
- .7lb (just over 11 oz) of fajita beef is $9.79 or $2.45 per serve
- Crimini mushrooms where on special for 89c for each of two punnets or 45c per serve
- An onion is 5c per serve
- The sour cream is $4.99 per pack, but we used about 1/8 or 16c per serve
- Egg noodles are $1.99 for the pack, but we only used half, or 25c per serve
- The other half of the asparagus from last night was 50c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $3.86 per serve.