Home renovation needs had us heading to Lowes, which takes us directly past the Country Deli. There was nothing else for it but to have an early lunch on the way. On Saturday, around 11:30 is a good time, before it gets really busy.
One Breakfast Burrito and one Marinated Skirt steak later, we were fortified for the homeware store!
Lunch at the Country Deli runs out around $20.00 per serve, with tax and tip.
The Peruvian Meat Sauce, a.k.a. Red Curry and Pink Peppercorn Meat Sauce, we had on June 18th, was so good we had to try it again. This time with Rice and Quinoa noodles, and a side salad of cucumber, baby cherry tomatoes and mint in a yogurt dressing.
Again we found that the recipe makes for three generous serves, particularly with the side salad.
- 1lb of Prather Ranch ground pork is $9.30 or $3.10 per serve
- Limes were $1.56 and about half went into the dish, or 26c per serve
- The can of coconut milk was $1.99 or 66c per serve
- Red curry paste is $3.69 a jar and we used 1/4 or 31c per serve
- The soy adds 42c per serve
- Add 35c for the toasted coriander, pink peppercorns, rice wine and cornstarch
- The baby cherry tomatoes were $3.99. We used half or $1.00 per serve
- Organic Mint was $1.99 but only half was used, or 50c per serve
- The cucumber was 49c or 25c per serve
- Yoghurt adds another 20c per serve.
Dinner tonight was, again, amazing. Definitely the best “spaghetti with meat sauce” ever, and it cost $7.80 per serve.